You have bought yourself an iPad - Congratulations, you are in for a treat!
Read below on how to get set up and started with your brand new iPad.
Before you set up, ensure you have the following:
- A strong WiFi internet connection
- Your Apple ID log in details. You can also create this during the set up stage if you do not have an Apple ID yet.
How to connect your iPad to a WiFi network:
Go to Settings > WiFi > Tap on Network and join the network you wish to connect to. Remember you might need a password to connect to the selected WiFi network.
Let’s get started.
To turn on your iPad simply press and hold the top button until the Apple logo appears.
If you have a previous iPad and you would like to move data across to your new one, here is how:
You can automatically set this up with Quick Start. All you need to do is bring the two products close together and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t have a previous iPad.
You will need to tap on Set up Manually and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you are moving from an Android device to iPad.
You can move your data from your Android device.
1. Download the ‘Move to iOS app’.
2. Ensure you are connected to WiFi.
3. Follow instructions for set up on iPad > apps and data > select Move data from Android.
4. On your Android device open up the Move to iOS app and follow the on screen instructions.
If you are restoring from a previous iCloud Back up
1. Turn on your iOS device.
2. While still in the set up stage on the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup from the options provided, then sign in to iCloud.
3. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available the latest backup in iCloud and click continue.
4. Your back up will be restored to your iOS device. Once completed procee with the final set up stages.
Syncing with iCloud.
iCloud is an online service from Apple that makes managing your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and iTunes easy. It is designed in such a way that you don’t need a Mac or Windows PC to activate or setup your devices. You can simply turn on your iPad or iPhone, log in with your Apple ID, and start setting up a new device or restore your current one from a previous iCloud backup.
Launch the Settings app from your Home screen > Scroll down and tap iCloud > Then Tap iCloud Drive. Swipe to switch iCloud Drive on. Now repeat this process on all iOS devices you want to sync with iCloud.